Friday, January 15, 2010

2009 – Activities/Ministries

After a busy year I am happy to complete the many ministries in which I was involved.

High School Ministries

Last year I was involved with the Henry Prince High School in the counseling area; this was an interesting ministry, although it was complicated getting it done the way I wanted to, because I didn´t really know the students. However, it was great to help out the School staff and to counsel some students, many of them with very complicated problems in their lives.
I also taught at San Simon High School for two semesters, but I ended up quitting before the end of the year to concentrate on CIMA (I explain what it is below).

• Praise God for the great opportunity of being part of many students´ lives.

Pray for the school, that it can continue to be a light in the Bolivian community, bringing hope, wisdom and good counsel to the students there. It is desperately needed!

Youth Ministries

What a year I had leading the two youth groups! I heard many times that it was hard to lead a youth group. Well, imagine how frustrating it could be “trying” to lead two! I had some help from both youth groups, but it is difficult to get the group where you want it. Imagine, I could only be at each youth group meeting every other week (they meet every Saturday night). The highlight of the year was the many discipleship courses that we finished. I have had around 30 youths from both churches taking the courses, and many of them took more than one course.

Praise God for His faithfulness in letting me finish another year full of challenges but with lots of blessings and excitement.

Pray for the youth groups, since they do not have any idea where they will find a leader to take over when I leave.

No comments: