Monday, May 11, 2009

High School Ministry

This year I have started helping at the Henry Prince High School which is a school run by our mission. I am a counselor having an opportunity to impact some youth especially those with problems in their studies and families. I am enjoying this ministry even though I am getting used to it because I did not know any students at the beginning of the year.
Since I knew I was going to work at Henry Prince I turned down my other ministry as a Christian Education teacher at the other school, named San Simon. However, the principal asked me a number of times to reconsider my decision and to make myself some room to help out with at least some classes. I decided, then, to help teaching just five classes and again this is something I really enjoy but it takes time from me because it is far away.

  • Pray for the number of students I have the chance to be in contact with, many of them have serious family problems. There are so many that live without their parents because they left to Spain or somewhere else overseas.
  • Pray that I can be of any help to them. That I can offer positive and especially godly advices to them. That they can see a good example and someone they can trust and be open with.
  • Pray for my time managment, days go by really fast and many times I find myself with little time to prepare my classes. Pray that I do not perceive this classes as a burden or just a job commitment but as an amazing opportunity to influence these students to turn their lives to God.

No comments: