Monday, May 11, 2009

Youth Gropus - Discipleship Courses

I am still leading, or trying to lead, both youth groups (Jesucristo Vive and Emanuel) and we have had some great meetings, we are more organized that in the past and we have year goals in every area of youth ministry. We are hoping, by the end of the year we will be able to perceive how far we were from the goals we had at the beginning of 2009.
There is a third youth group that wants me to lead them, however, that is obviously imposible for me. This church is in great need, therefore, I just committed myself to go some random Sundays to teach the youth some doctrine during Sunday School classes. On top of that, I included them to the two discipleship courses I have started.
The courses are “The Mind of Christ” by Hunt and King, and “Believing God” by Beth Moore. Both are wonderful studies and I have over 10 students in each course. In “The Mind of Christ” I have youth from 3 different churches something that I love because they can share and build relationships. Many of them are leaders in their churches and they will be the leaders of the mission in the very near future, therefore, it is essential they build strong bonds.


  • Praise God for the authors of both discipleship courses, the materials are amazing and they have everyone of us hooked and committed to continue our studies. We are all learning a lot and it is so neat to perceive the youth enjoy these studies.
  • Pray for the youth that are studying with me, they are showing already a lot of potential and some of them are leaders in their own churches. I pray they can trust God enough to let Him guide them and lead their lives and future.

No comments: